As of April 1, 2020, Gov. Tom Wolf has ordered that the entire state of Pennsylvania (other than essential workers) must Stay at Home due to the Coronavirus pandemic. This is the only way to help combat the Coronavirus and #flattenthecurve. Unfortunately, the Stay at Home order has made it extremely difficult for people who need our legal advice regarding divorce, custody or child support to reach out to us. Having their spouse or children nearby makes it impossible to have a private conversation with a Family Law attorney.
We have been working to keep our clients and the community updated about what the courts are doing regarding custody orders, child support, divorce-related hearings, etc. through our website and Facebook page as information becomes available. We are working remotely and have been speaking to clients by phone and video conference. Now we want to make sure that those who have no privacy at home and who truly need legal advice can get in touch with us as well.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering 30-minute initial consultations via text message during our regular “office hours,” which will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are offering these consultations for a reduced fee of $50.00. Here is how to schedule your text consultation:
- Make sure that ONLY YOU have the password and passcode to ALL OF YOUR DEVICES. If you are not sure, change the password and passcodes before contacting us. Even though this is a text conversation, it is enough to create a lawyer/client relationship which requires us to keep everything we discuss confidential. However, you are responsible for making sure that your spouse/children cannot access your text messages.
- Text us your name and email address to 412-568-3669. In your text, tell us you would like to schedule a text consultation.
- After you text us, we will text you back to schedule the consultation.
- Prior to your consultation, we will email you (change your email passwords too!) an intake form/questionnaire that you must fill out and email back to you. The form will provide us with the information we need in order to give the most accurate legal advice possible.
- Within 2 hours of your consultation, go to our website and pay the $50.00 fee.
- At the scheduled time of the consultation, we will initiate by texting you.
This is a completely new thing for us, but these are unprecedented times! Everyone must adapt as best as they can. We look forward to texting with you soon!